Saturday, January 07, 2006

Yep, I'm in shape . . . ROUND!!



Okay, so the kids are at soccer practice right now so Mom and I decided to use their PS2 to play Dance Dance Revolution. If you don't know this game, it has dance pads and while the music is playing there are arrows telling you where to step and when.

Once Mom got her balance and stopped hanging off the curtains (which, to our utter embarrassment we realized were open so our neighbours could see our jigglies), we were rolling right along. We danced this song and that (none of the music we recognize however) and were feeling really good about the exercise we got. After our big 7 minute workout (since we could do no more) we realized we had burned off approximately 50 calories and had gone 1/2 a mile. Woo hoo!

How is it that my kids can do this for an hour at a time and make it look so bloody easy?

1 comment:

Luke Coughey said...

Being one who has tried this simple activity...simple it is not. After two songs with my nieces, my legs burned for an hour. I don't suggest going head to head with anyone under the age of 18, or they'll make you feel very old.