Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Buses

For the record, what skill set does it take to become a school bus driver?

Today, another mild January day, our school buses have been cancelled. Therefore, my one daughter gets to stay home while her younger sister has to go to school since she's a walker. Apparently the country roads are icy, but how, exactly, does this affect the City of Guelph?

Suppose I can call in to work and say since the professional drivers find it too bad to be on the road today it must be too bad for me? In the words of my father, I wouldn't have a chance of a snowball (yep, we tease him incessantly for this bizarre translation).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that, and I seriously thought it was somekind of joke. I looked outside, and all I could see was grass! What is this city coming to?

Jen.

Paul said...

don't call in sick... crawl in sick!

here's what I think you should do......

BECOME A SCHOOL BUS DRIVER....

for starters, they get the whole summer off ( albeit without pay )

SECOND: YOU GET TO CALL IN SICK IF THE ROADS ARE SLIPPERY ....

THIRD ... EVERYBODY wants to drive a huge yellow babe magnet

Angela said...

Babe Magnet? Aren't you a little old for the kind of babes that take school buses?

Dirty old man! :P

Paul said...

shut up!

jamie said...

This made me laugh!!

Kinda like my kids missing more school in one year in NC, than they did for the rest of their lives in Michigan, Ontario, and Iowa! Two snowflakes, and school is cancelled until further notice in NC.