Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Grrrr



I just wrote a long and clever post only to have it disappear on me. Now I'm going to have to try to remember all of that wisdom to rewrite.




Hmmmm . . .




Oh yeah, I have another job prospect. The person who had offered me employment previously passed my resume along to another employer while I was away on vacation. I interviewed two weeks ago and had a call back late last Friday (testing my lack of patience) to say they would like to further pursue hiring me. I am meeting with them again today. Praise God for his timing!




I have been continuing my weight loss battle and so far I am winning. I'm officially down 46 lbs now. I bought a new pair of jeans a couple weeks ago and was feeling particularly good, so Bex took a couple photos.




Church has been wonderful! I have been singing in the praise group weekly. It seems I am the only soprano in the bunch (there are at least six altos!!). I am getting this week off, though. The timing is perfect as Luke, Jenn and I are hosting some University students for lunch after church. I'm really looking forward to getting to know some of them a bit better.
I have been going to the women's bible study on Thursday nights while the girls are at Reach. It's been a good fit as the girls love their program which starts right after school and both end at 8:00.
Last week I got to play trumpet for the Prime Time group. They are such a wonderful group of people. I was honoured to have been given the opportunity to perform for them. It didn't hurt that they fed me a lovely lunch either.
In my spare time (when???) I've been running the girls to soccer practices. Right now they have practices as follows:
Sunday 4:00 - 5:30 - Bex in Waterloo
Monday 6:00 - 8:00 - Shannon in Guelph
Wednesday 8:30 - 10:00 - Both girls in Guelph
Friday 6:00 - 7:30 - Shannon in Waterloo
There have also been a few Tuesday night Waterloo scrimmages for Bex and there are a few Saturday morning practices in the near future for Shannon.
So, there's the monthly update on me and my life (or lack thereof).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look fabulous!!! I am glad you are enjoying your new church, we are trying a new one tomorrow.

Angela said...

Praise God! I've been very concerned about you guys sticking it out in your present situation.

I trust God will provide you with a new "home".