Thursday, April 26, 2007

Martha

I need to post something here because Martha is long gone and yet the top of my page says she's here. She is, indeed, not here any longer.

What a whirlwind weekend we had when she was here, though. I ate so much and drove so much and rarely slept more than five hours. By the time she was gone, I was a wreck. I do not know how she made it through with her weary pregnant body.

Although I was physically a wreck, I most certainly was lifted up spiritually while she was here. Martha is not only family, but she's a dear friend. We can pick right up as though we never were apart. In fact, there were times when it felt as though we were right back to our late teens/early twenties. During some pretty trying times of struggle they are experiencing lately, I'm encouraged by Martha and her husband Dave's ability to keep their eyes focused on what God has planned for them. They both know He has something in store for them.

I already miss you Martha. I wish you were closer so we could just get together for tea and let our children run rampant together.

Next visitor . . . Martha's brother Jeff on May 4th. Another weekend that I will be at a conference in Brampton, however. This time it's a worship conference with Robin Mark, Brian Doerksen and Geoff Moore. I'm stoked!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mikomikoThank you for saying that while I am still alive. When I die will you do my eulogy?
Love ya, miss ya and sure wish we lived closer!!!
ps Jerry??

Unknown said...

I dunno what the mikomiko thing is... had some probs leaving that message... I guess I don't know who I am.