Friday, April 06, 2007

A good laugh is good medicine

Of course, having a father like mine is usually cause for a good laugh, but tonight had me in stitches. We (Mom, Dad and I) had a lovely dinner at Luke and Jen's and then a great time sitting about and bantering.

When we got into the car to come home, I won the esteemed chauffeur position (actually, I don't even fight this one any more . . . I have just accepted the fact that I'm the better driver). Anyhow, when we all got in the car the interior light was still on as was the door open sign. We all checked our doors and found that the front passenger door, where Dad was sitting, wouldn't latch. Dad slammed it a few times, but decided it would thaw as we were driving.

I have to say that I felt like we were in a Chevy Chase movie. There was just something about Dad gripping the door, which would open ever few seconds far enough to turn the interior light on and make the door open sign "ding". Many many jokes were made on the drive home (like Dad suggesting he could maybe get a deer with it), which seemed like an eternity at fifteen minutes.

Sure enough, when we pulled in the driveway . . . the door latched.

Murphy is alive and well!!

No comments: