Thursday, April 12, 2007

She's here!

I had an uneventful drive to the airport and managed to find parking in the parkade without too much issue. I made note of where I parked the car (even noted it in my Blackberry). It was in F6.

Well, what I didn't notice was that there was also a great big number on the post telling me what floor I was on. I just assumed the 6 in the F6 was the floor number. I was WRONG!! It seemed so easy to get into the airport, but when we were walking to the car we had an option of going down a ramp to level 4, or up to levels 5 and up. So, we went up.

Finding no sign of an F6 there we got in an elevator and went to the 6th floor. Oddly, my car wasn't there either. The panic button was ineffective at locating my car on other floors it seems.

Fortunately, I found a nice young guy working there who directed me to a specific elevator and told me to go to level 4. Lo and behold, there was my car. I will never make fun of my ex for having done this to me twice in the past. Okay, I probably will make fun of him, but I just won't tell him about my not finding my own way back.

Anyhow, Martha is here, safe and sound. This weekend is just going to go by too quickly, I reckon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The #4 was about 4 feet high a post on an amber painted section of the post about 6 feet high. It was obvious to me how she could miss the HUGE 4 when F6 was much smaller high up on the top of the concrete post.
I have never had such a wonderful tour of a parking garage however!! After the mile long trek to baggage claim the cool air of the garage was most refreshing!!
Great weekend, Ang. Wish we could all come up this weekend!!
Caitlyn has managed to doublebook birthday parties on Sat though so we will be scrambling!