Saturday, October 07, 2006

Desperately seeking . . .

. . . my sanity! For some reason I've actually convinced myself that I would be open to another relationship. In fact, I'm so open to this that I foolishly started looking at singles sites. Truthfully, I'm not desperate at all, but the thought of doing the rest of my life alone is not a thought I'm cherishing. I would like someone to travel with, go to parties with, and to give me a shoulder when needed. I want to grow old with someone who is comfortable sitting on the front verandah reading a book in silence or reminiscing about the good ol' days.

Boy, wish relationships were as rosy and romantic as the picture I have in my head. Perhaps I should spend a day or two with my ex to CURE me of this romantic illusion.

Ange

PS Down another 2.4 pounds this week. This is just too easy. Why didn't I try before?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ang, you could always get yourself a dog!!! Its quite trendy to take your pet to parties now... they never talk back or argue with you AND your grandchilren's lives may be saved from a catastrophe!! They are also quite a bit less expensive than a husband and travel well.
Just a thought.
ps.. I learned how to post pics... aren't you proud of me?

Angela said...

BTW, have a dog Martha. He's a shih-tzu and before Mom and Dad moved up here he was quite the companion. However, now that Dad has become his constant source of table scraps, my pooch has become fickle and no longer is much of a companion at all.

Imagine . . . my father with a shih-tzu. It's a long way from the german shepherds he's always had!