Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dilemma

Okay, so I'm done my courses but I'm not officially done until March. So, I thought maybe I should start looking for a job. What's the worst that can happen right? I can get a job and start paying OSAP back sooner.

Well, I sent a random resume out yesterday to a company that didn't even have a job listed. Lo and behold I had a call back that they had a job and wondered if I might be interested. Today I met with them, gave them a rather high salary estimate considering the scope of the job and they didn't bat an eyelash. They just want me to get back to them tomorrow.

So, here's the dilemma. The job is not my dream job, but the company has room for advancement. Also, I'm not sure that less than 24 hours of prayer is adequate. I just don't know that I should be rushing God's answer. Perhaps I already have the answer, but I dunno what it is. Ack!

Who'd have thunk?

Ange

PS Down another 2.8 for a total of 21.6. Oh yeah!!!!

7 comments:

Paul said...

Ask God for reasons why you shouldn't walk through the door that stands GAPINGLY open in front of you..... if He gives you no reason, then proceed....

that'd be what I would do.....

Unknown said...

I'm going to assume that you prayed before you sent the resume out in the first place, most likely nudged by the Holy Spirit and prayed over by your parents... add your, your parents, friends and families prayers that would make a couple of gazillion hours any how for one answer... and one choice. It's all up to you now!!! Make your choice!

Unknown said...

did u dcide??

Angela said...

Well, yes, now that you mention it, I did decide. I'm taking the job. I've told them I can't start until next Monday and they were fine with that.

Now I have to find some new work clothes. Having lost some weight means needing a new wardrobe, but yet I don't want a whole new wardrobe because it will be too big by Christmas.

Oh my, a whole new dilemma! :D

Unknown said...

What a shame to HAVE to have a new wardrobe. How will you suffer through that?? I'm sure you will find a way!! Here's hoping your shopping is not too painful.

Angela said...

Well, looks like I don't have the job after all. They called to say they had reconsidered and that this really would be a step backwards for me.

So, God has, as usual, proven faithful and true and will lead me in the way He wants. He obviously has something more in store for me.

Unknown said...

I was at Canadian Tire getting a new popcorn popper this week and thought of you.
You had such a future there...