Thursday, September 28, 2006

Look at me go . . . literally!!

Well, I'm taking yet another stab at weight loss. Truthfully, every time I have lost it in the past I've found it again and it's brought friends!!! Not this time, however. Mom and I have joined Weight Watchers and we're loving it. I have been at this new "lifestyle" for five weeks now and I've lost 14.8 pounds. Add to that the 5 pounds I lost earlier this summer and I'm down 19.8 pounds since I last saw my doctor. I have been eating more food than ever and I'm losing weight. My girls have both lost a couple pounds as well.

Funny, though, Dad isn't too impressed with our new style of eating. We've been cooking lots of spicy foods like chimichangas and aloo gobi and less large portions of meat. Although he hates our new foods (and thus isn't eating much of them - he's worse than a kid being forced to eat beets) he's been putting a few pounds on.

Goes to show you that you need to keep eating to lose weight!!

6 comments:

Paul said...

GOOD on ya..... .I wish I had your discipline..... I DID go explore the Y this week..... I asked them when the FAT PEOPLE Arrived... cause everybody I saw was WAY too tiny for ME to hang around!!

anyway.... you go girl!!!

Angela said...

Yeah, well I'll be too tiny for you to hang around too then. Giddyup!!

Paul said...

shut up!

actually I was GONNA Say...

Back when I was dieting ... my sister told me.... that if I lost 3.4 pounds a week, and did it consistently for a year and a half, they'd be rid of me all TOGETHER!...

she's a tender thing, my sister!

Unknown said...

Good for you, Ang... but aloo gobi?? What is that? Remember I'm just from a small, NB town and we don't know these cool things. Chimichangas sound good tho.
I chucked my scale. I judge weight loss by belt holes. I lost 3 holes eating bread from grain I ground myself and when I ran out of grain and went back to regular bread gained back a hole. I'd like to know what that meant in pounds..

Luke Coughey said...

I'm proud of you sis...though, I'm thinking that I'll show you how its done. Of course, I really need to get my 'Y' membership and start playing racquetball a couple days a week.

Angela said...

For my cousin the hick - Aloo Gobi is an Indian dish - curried potatoes and cauliflower. Yummy!! It is one of my favourite Indian dishes.