Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Italy vs ?

Wow! What a semi-final today between Italy and Germany. Honestly, I'm sad to see Germany is out of it, but I'm relieved it didn't go to penalty kicks. I think that has to be the saddest way to finish a game.

Tomorrow's semi between Portugal and France should be just as good. They've both knocked out extremely tough teams to get to this semi. Unfortunately for them, one will not go to the final!

Sadly, Canada is just not a soccer country . . . yet! I think it's coming, but I won't lay odds as to when or even if I'll be alive to see it.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I am sad to admit that I haven't watched any of the world cup.... have been following it in the highlights, but haven't watched an entire game.... I'm a hockey person, and for some reason, just don't get into soccer as much as I do hockey..

Angela said...

You should be sad to admit that. I'll admit, however, that I didn't watch any of the Stanley Cup finals because I was so wrapped up in World Cup.

Guess we're even!