Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bloody power windows

Okay, so I should have known that when my driver side power window was giving me a bit of trouble recently that I shouldn't push my luck during a downpour. However, I'm not one to give up on a challenge and so I went through Tim's yesterday. Yep, pouring rain and my window wouldn't budge. Not a single inch.

I managed, by continuously trying it, to get it up within five minutes or so, but that was most certainly enough to keep me from putting it down again. I called the garage, but they're booked into next week.

Guess that'll keep me out of the drive through . . . for now!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you think of this weather?? We had a tornado here.. yes right here in Zealand. The weather guys didn't see it on the radar so have to come and check it out today. Hoo boy.. it sounded like all the demons from hell came screeching down the road. The windows slammed shut and the trees fell apart... My patio furniture is in a tangled heap in the front yard.. but the dogs food dish didn't move a centimeter. A few houses down the road had a tree come through the roof! Tons of fun.

Wish you were here!!

Paul said...

am sorry about your car.... the power LOCKS are going on my car..... have changed 1, already, second is gone... time for you to get a new car maybe eh? cause WE NEED THE DRIVE THROUGH!!

Angela said...

Nah, no new car needed. I braved putting my window down today and it went right up . . . with a wee little bit of that horrid grinding sound and a few extra deep scratches on it. I could just ignore it and hope it goes away, but a better option would be to have it looked at.

BTW, Martha, I heard it wasn't a tornado, but was a family argument in Zealand! That would include everyone in that area wouldn't it? :)

Unknown said...

I love you so much!! I accidentally started a blog. I have not a clue how I got on the create the blog thing, but as I couldn't figure out how to stop it I figured I'd ride it out to the end. What a mess. I'm not even sure how to get back into it!!!
Anybody wanna a blog?? If you can find it you can have it!