Monday, August 07, 2006

Crocs

Here's a trend I can do without. It seems that there's a huge client base out there for these ugly garden shoes. I have never seen a commercial for them, but I've heard they're the thing to have. Apparently people are wearing them to work, shopping etc., but I can't help but think it doesn't matter how comfy they are, a pair of Clarks would be just as comfy but would look the part too.

Here's to keeping crocs in the garden and at the cottage where they belong!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Finally, someone agrees with me!!! I first saw them in Rothesay and EVERYBODY had them. Reminds me slightly of the jelly shoe faze some 25 years ago... at 10 times the price!! Even my kids just saw this and said "crocs..yuck"... hope their visiting friend who is wearing a pair didn't hear!

Luke Coughey said...

I put these shoes, if you can call them that, up there with pet rocks. If you tell people that they are comfortable, they will try them on and believe it. It is a fad that will hopefully pass before too long.

Paul said...

LOOKIT you guys!!!.... don't base your decision just on what they look like( I hate the bright coloured ones ) ... these things are popular cause they are comfortable.... Originally the company made them for nurses... they were only available in white and grey ( i think ) ....and cause they were so popular, they started making new colours... and it's taken completely off..... Some of the knock off's aren't very comfortable... but the real crocs are totally comfortable..

and no, I don't own a pair.. but I've tried some ON.... I just don't look good in Flourescent Orange!!!

Unknown said...

They are fine to walk in, but running?? The kids that try to run are tripping and falling all over the place.

Angela said...

Could be worse, Martha. Have you seen kids trying to run in Heelies?

Paul said...

RUNNING? what is that??