Thursday, February 09, 2006

Comfort

How do you comfort someone who doesn't know God? I was speaking to a client today who recently lost her husband and she was so broken. She was sobbing and sounded borderline suicide so I spent some time talking to her. I was trying to offer comfort, but she said she doesn't believe in God. Truly, if you don't believe in God, then there can really be no comfort can there and that's not comforting news for those who need it.

I'm rather distressed about this one. Any advice would be most welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't know you but I am a close friend of Paul and I happened to click your link on his blog and I read yours...so that is how I am here. I hope you don't mind if I comment on this...but what I have seen in my life is that regardless if someone believes in God or not, you do...and you can always share how real God has been to you in times like this. It allows you to share your testimony and God's love in your life in a way that is not threatening to them because it is your "personal" experience. You never know, you may plant a seed of hope in them that can blossom into faith on their part someday. God bless!